I will thank you, Lord, with all of my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:1-2
I read these words last night and they spoke to my heart.
I am so thankful for all the marvelous things the Lord has done in our family lately and felt i needed to "tell" everyone as the verse says. I can't even express the joy that i feel in my heart. I
will spare you the specifics because we all have many blessings to be thankful for. We just tend to overlook them and forget how good God is to those who love Him until He reminds us of them. Thank you Lord for reminding me!Sometimes it's hard to act joyful when you don't feel joyful but these words say "I will be filled with joy because of you." Not because of our great circumstances or lack of them but because of God; that's it! That's all we need to know to have joy. Nothing can fill that place in our hearts but Him. It's amazing how even when things aren't always working out quite right we can still find joy if we will just look for it.
It also says that we will "sing praises to your name" but most of the time we don't do that when we don't feel joyful. If we would remember to sing His praises even when we don't want to we will be filled joy in the midst of our problems. I've said before that the Lord really uses music to speak and teach me many things. So sometimes when i'm not feeling so joyful or a little overwhelmed, i turn on a christian cd and it always calms and soothes me.
While I am at that place (above) often, right now i am enjoying being joyful. Today was a great day and I hope to keep my focus on that joy for as long as i remember.
So tell others of the Lord's goodness. We are told in 1 Corinthians 1:31, "...to boast only of what the Lord has done." He is good to us and takes care of us, don't be shy to share with others whatever God is doing in your life . God is Good!
2 comments:
I am joyful I am able to call you my friend!
Shauna
Thank you Shauna, it really means a lot! I am thankful to call you my friend too!
Post a Comment